There are over 76 million people in the U.S. who use feature phones, flip phones or "dumbphones" because they cannot afford or choose not to own a smartphone. Globally, there are billions. These low-tech phones often don't have web browsers, full data plans, or the ability to download apps.
Text Engine is an SMS messaging app that offers feature phone users a way to search the Web using only their text messaging (SMS) service.
No Data? No WiFi? No Problem.
There are still regions where internet signals are spotty or non-existent - places like rural Nebraska, impoverished Appalachia, Wyoming, Idaho, Oregon, rural Washington, Montana, upstate New York and even rural California.
Because our SMS messaging app works even without WiFi or data, people in regions with spotty Internet and data connections can still access the World Wide Web.
For smartPhones Too
Text Engine isn't just for low-tech phones. Smartphone users also love Text Engine. Many, like Republic Wireless customers, are on no-data cell phone plans. Without a data plan, they cannot access web information if they are not connected to WiFi. Text Engine's SMS search brings you the internet even when you're without data or WiFi.
Information you can get with Text Engine includes
- Weather forecasts
- Driving directions
- Web results
- Wikipedia articles
- Yellow pages
- Stock prices
- Currency and math conversions
- Distances between two cities
- Spanish-English language translation
- Wifi credentials at airports
- Local Congressman/Senator Lookup
Text Engine makes a great tool for
- Educators and students in low-income / rural school districts
- People with feature phones or spotty Wi-Fi
- Travelers and retirees on fixed incomes
- Smartphone users with limited or no data plans